Storage point allows you to extend site content into encrypted BLOB located on a common drive (end point).
Each Storage Point endpoint can contain multiple sites ( profiles ). In order to simplify, Storage Point endpoint is a folder on a given drive that will be used to store SharePoint BLOBs ( and document, file, media… ).
High level Steps for extending a site :
- First identify the site you want to extend on your farm, and provide the following information :
- Site Name and path :
- Is it a site collection :
- Site content database :
- is it a dedicated content database:
- Create a site backup.
- Create an Storage Point endpoint or use exiting one.
- Create a Storage Point profile using the exiting or new created endpoint.
- Run the extending job.
- Check files and make sure they have been extended.