So we know we can set email on a document library and lists in SharePoint including :
- Document, picture, or form library
- Announcements list
- Calendar list
- Discussion board
But what about a subfolders in a document library, what if the user want an e-mail messages to land on a subfolder and not on the root folder, on a given document library.
By default there is no a magic setup that will enable you set a subfolder to receive emails. The alternative options are :
- Workflow with SharePoint designer.
- Use Nintex – site or document library workflow.
- Custom Event Handler – you will also need to use SharePoint PowerShell to allow event to work on email messages.
- Exchange Email to SharePoint connector using Managed folders.